Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Ryder News Dec 31, 2020

 Ryder News for Dec. 31, 2020 

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. May the new year be a whole lot better than the last year for all of us! 

 

Ah, yes...I remember Dec. 31st well. Especially the one in 1971 for that was when my son was born! I was in the Garrison hospital to have him when the hospital caught on fire. My...but that was exciting, the fire was directly under my room window. I was evacuated across the street to the Ken Hopkins home while they got the ambulance ready to transport me to Minot. The ambulance took me to St. Joe’s hospital while my family thought I was going to Trinity. They had a fun time trying to find me. Anyway...I made the headlines in 3 newspapers that year. 

 

Christmas Eve Service at Calvary Church. A different year for traditions new and old.  

Pastor Starks said, “202 years ago this very night 'Silent Night' was first performed. I don’t think they could have imagined that two centuries later a congregation of 80 people an ocean away would be gathering and singing that very song but while holding glow sticks and flashing the blinkers of their automobiles! 

Merry Christmas from Pastor Starks and Calvary Church." 

 

John, Staci and Johnny came out to my house to spend Christmas Eve and open gifts. First we attended the drive in service at Calvary Church then ate a marvelous supper that I fixed and later opened gifts. It sure was a fun day and evening. I had decided to not go to my regular church Christmas Eve Service due to Covid 19 being so prevalent in our area lately so Staci suggested the drive in service. This was a different kind of service and very enjoyable. We even had glo-sticks to represent the candle light part of the service. 

Rick and Levi came over Christmas Day to open their gifts and visit for awhile. 

 

Christmas at the Ron Petersons was celebrated even though they thought Covid/Pneumonia was going to take over. Muriel got out of the hospital in time! Kari Mart and her family brought supper Christmas Eve, and the three families got together at Rondi and Steve Deaver’s in Minot Christmas Day. Kari’s family went home the 26th and Rondi’s family brought birthday supper and cake out to Ron on the 27th. Happy birthday to Ron and Happy Anniversary to Ron and Muriel! 

Visitors during the week at the Petersons were Deb Peterson, Curtis and Kiera Peterson, Sandra Peterson as well as the Deaver family. 

Muriel Peterson would like to tell everyone how much she appreciated the phone calls, cards, food, flowers and visits when she got home from the hospital. 

 

Upcoming Events: 

Jan. 3...10:30 a.m. Ryder’s Calvary Church will continue to hold Parking Lot Drive-In Church services at 10:30 every Sunday morning until further notice. Tune to 107.5 on your FM radio station to listen to the service.  

Jan. 3...9 a.m. Worship Services at St. John’s Lutheran Church of Ryder. 

Jan. 3...10:30 a.m. Worship Services at Hope Lutheran Church of Makoti with communion.