Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Ryder News Dec 3, 2020

Ryder News for Dec. 3, 2020



I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, stayed safe and got their tummies stuffed.


John, Staci and Johnny McGrath were Thanksgiving dinner guests at my new home on Thursday. We all managed to stuff ourselves and then I rested while they went to the farm to get more “stuff”. Eventually we will have all of our “stuff” out of the old farmhouse!


My son Rick has been feeding me quite well lately. He brought me a big T-Bone steak the other day which took me 2 days to eat and then the other day, he brought me some salmon. Wish he’d come and cook for me too!


I’ve been busy decorating for Christmas inside my home. I don’t have a deck on the front of my house to decorate so will save that for next year. With any luck, I can somehow talk Rick into doing it for me!


Senior Citizens for Dec. 7 has been cancelled due to Covid 19. We all decided it’s better to be safe than sorry.


Delayed News that I forgot to add to last week’s column: Tuesday morning Muriel Peterson received a phone call telling her that her nephew, Mark Streeper had been killed. He was standing beside his car getting ready to get into it, when a 19 year old drunk driver sideswiped his car, killing him instantly.


The Petersons went to Bismarck Tuesday to be with their sister-in-law, Marlene, Mark’s mother. Marlene’s other son, Michael passed away a year ago due to cancer. Her husband, Mickey Streeper passed away in 2009, The funeral for Mark was held Saturday at the Bismarck Funeral Home.


Get your news into me by Monday morning so I can get it ready for my column. I didn't realize that the news went in early last week and that’s why there wasn’t any Ryder News column in the paper last week! Now, there is more for you to read this week.




Upcoming Events:


Dec. 6...10:30 a.m. Ryder’s Calvary church will continue to hold Parking Lot Drive-In Church services at 10:30 every Sunday morning until further notice. Tune to 107.5 on your FM radio station to listen to the service.


Dec. 6...9 a.m. Worship Service at St. John’s Lutheran Church of Ryder


Dec. 6...10:30 a.m. Worship Service at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church of Makoti with communion.