Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Ryder News Mar. 26, 2015



Ryder News for March 26, 2015

   I am back and ready to write the news again altho there isn’t much for this week as I have been gone! But…I can tell you about my trip to Mayo for all of those of you who have been asking and praying for me.

   My daughter, Staci and her husband, John along with Johnny accompanied me on the trip and John did the driving. It was a long trip but we got there finally and stayed in the hotel that was hooked onto the Mayo Clinic. To get to where we were going in the actual Clinic we had to walk the “subway” which is actually a very nice set of tunnels connecting everything together, but it is a lot of walking.

   Our rooms happened to have adjoining doors and Johnny got quite a kick out of that and as a matter of fact, spent more time in his grandma’s room then in his parents but he did sleep in their room.

   The Dr. that I saw was very understanding and compassionate and he decided that they would try the treatment that they were going to try me on in the first place as there have been some positive results with that medication. He also said if I had any questions or concerns when I got home that I could call him and that he would get back to me. I liked that idea!

   I will say that the Mayo Clinic is a wonderful place but quite overwhelming. I think you could walk for days and not take in all of it, well not quite, but close.

   On the way home we stopped at a totally awesome place, Cabela’s and I was fascinated. At first I thought, “Great, a hunting store and I couldn’t care less!” but I went in with the kids and WOW, what a place. I took a lot of pictures of the stuffed animals. There were two large displays and one of them was of an African safari and all the stuffed animals were actually shot by the owner of the store. Oh my, lions, and tigers, and bears. Well, there may not have been a lion but there sure was everything else including an elephant and several rhinoceros. Also a big fish tank with many different kinds of fish and that was interesting. Kenny thought the pictures were fantastic. I do have to share a picture of the elephant…it was enormous! 

©Sue's News/Ryder News. All Rights Reserved.
Stuffed elephant at Cabela’s
   All in all, it was a successful trip and I got to spend a lot of one on one time with Johnny and he was a very good boy for being cooped up in the back seat for 9 hours with just stops for gas and potty breaks.

   There will be NO bingo in the month of April at the Ryder Gym as it falls during Holy Week.

   Don’t forget the Palm Sunday Dinner on March 29th from 11:30 -1:30 at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Ryder. A ham dinner is being prepared by the men of the church. A free will offering will be given to local families for medical related expenses. All area churches and area people are welcome to attend this event.

   This is it for this time…I need you to get your news items and pictures to me or there won’t be any Ryder News…I don’t feel like making any up at this time!

   Have a great week and let’s all hope that Spring shows up real soon and no more SNOW!