Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Ryder News Nov 12, 2020

Ryder News for Nov. 12, 2020  

 

Veterans Day was Nov. 11th. I hope you thanked a vet or service member for their service to our country.  

Not much news this week. I did manage to get to City Hall and vote after spending almost the entire day in Minot with Dr. appointments and a little shopping. I had to leave home at 7 for an 8 o’clock appointment. A little early for me to be rolling out of bed at 5:30 to get ready and take care of animals before I left. I’m just thankful for good roads and nice weather.  

 

Election Workers at Ryder’s City Hall. L to R: Judy Haner-Inspector, Alvie Nesson-Judge, Stephanie Hagen-Judge, Linda Burgeson-Clerk, Myrna Ness-Clerk 
 

The ladies in the City Hall Election picture were wearing masks but I had asked them to remove them just to have their picture taken. 

I’m still in the process of moving out of my farm home and into my town home. The kids, Rick, Staci, John and Johnny have really been helpful. 

Pastor Jonathan Starks said of his worship service last Sunday, “Opening weekend of Deer Season and our 4th week in the Deer Stand. Gotta ‘Buck’ the system and our comfort zones these days. We’re still getting first time visitors for this unique worship experience! When life gets challenging, remember praying for our family, one another and our Nation makes a difference!” 

I need your deer hunting experiences and pictures with details of the deer you got! Wear orange and be safe out there when you are hunting that elusive deer.  

Usually No News Equals Good News but not in this case...No News Equals No Column! So let’s see what we can do about getting some news to me for next week.  

 

Upcoming Events:  

Nov. 15...10:30 a.m. Ryder’s Calvary church will continue to hold Parking Lot Drive-In Church services at 10:30 every Sunday morning until further notice. Tune to 107.5 on your FM radio station to listen to the service. 

Nov. 15...9 a.m. Worship Service at Immanuel Lutheran Church of Roseglen.  

Nov. 15...10:30 a.m. Worship Service with communion at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church of Makoti.