Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Ryder News Sep 24, 2020

Ryder News for Sept. 24, 2020 

Wow, I sure had a lot of responses to the picture of Lena Johansen’s birthday party from 1977. Some of the responses were: Nancy Shuelke said, “Thanks Sue! Love this picture.” Jan Bleecker said, “Thank you for sharing.” Sheryl Erb Tolson said, “Thanks Sue. The picture of these Ryder ladies is a treasure.” Elaine Alderman said, “It's neat to see pictures like these. A lot of nice ladies and so many have gone to a better place.” Tara Tabor said, “Faces I remember from my childhood....thank you.” Dana Johansen Smith said, “I see my Grandma, Great-Grandma, and Great Aunt!!

Ryder Community Club receiving their Brawny paper towels
The Community Food Pantry was the proud recipient of the Brawny Strong reward. They received 1000 rolls of Brawny paper towels and a $1000.00 donation from the Brawny Company. 

Avery Cree with her deer.
Avery Cree shot her first deer on her 12th birthday on her grandpa Dave Kimball’s land, not even an hour after the youth season opened. Gramma and grandpa Kimball,  and her parents, Carl and Crystal Cree are very proud of her! 

We lost another 1947 Ryder graduate on Sept. 17th. Marion Olson Quick passed away that day from a stroke. She was the daughter of Albert and Hazel Bowen Olson and had one brother, Ray Olson, who managed the Ryder Coop Creamery for a number of years. Marion attended all 12 years of school in Ryder.  She had 3 daughters one of which lives in Minot.  
If any of my readers know of any members from the class of 1947 that are still living, please let me (Sue) know. This is info that is collected for the Ryder Museum records. 

Food Pantry News: 
With Covid 19 making its way into our rural area, we will have to hunker down and change things at the Food Pantry in Ryder once more. Masks and gloves have to be worn at all times! No kids, and only 2 people at a time. Please remember to have a list ready, because the time in the food pantry will be limited!! Please be respectful, we have no choice (you all have been angels). If you can’t make it Saturday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. please call, so we can get you in at another time! 
Thank You!! 

Classic Car Show in Makoti
I didn’t make it to the Classic Car Show in Makoti but I did manage to get a picture. It sounded like there were lots of cars and people taking in the event.

My wonderful son-in-law, John McGrath, got everything ready so the AC and Heating guys could come in and finish hooking up my air conditioner and check out the furnace in my new home. He also installed 3 photo cell lights on my new garage. Sure is nice to be related to someone that can do all this stuff for me! 

I’m still waiting for the garage doors to be installed on my garage. I also need to have 2 sets of steps built so we can get in and out of my home. Those trailer house steps that they give you just aren’t very sturdy. The interior guys are finishing up in the house today, they even shampooed the carpets! I hired a painter to come in and paint for me so I have to let her know when the interior is ready. I also have to hire a moving company to move all my stuff over there. I had planned on having my family and friends do the moving but that will just take too long. I think it is better to get it all done at once and be done with it. It will probably take me months tho to find a place for everything! 



Upcoming Events: 

Sept. 27...10:30 a.m. Ryder’s Calvary church will continue to hold Parking Lot Drive-In Church services at 10:30 every Sunday morning until further notice. Tune to 107.5 on your FM radio station to listen to the service.  

Sept. 27...9 a.m. Worship Service at Hope Lutheran Church of Makoti. 

Sept. 27...10:30 a.m. Worship Service at Immanuel Lutheran Church of Roseglen.