Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Ryder News Aug 20, 2020

Ryder News for Aug. 20, 2020 

My sympathy goes out to the family and friends of Magdaline Giesen. She passed away on Friday, Aug.14th at a Garrison nursing home. She married Anthony Giesen on Jan. 10, 1950. They made their home in Makoti where they raised their 5 children. 

Vacation Bible School Program on the last day.

There were over 30 kids attending Vacation Bible School this past week, Monday thru Wednesday. Johnny really enjoyed it and since it is just for kids up to 6th grade, this was his last year. Levi decided he liked it too! All the kids were invited back to attend church on the following Sunday to sing and do their Power Shuffle dance on the trailer he uses to preach to the ones attending the service. 
Pastor Starks said, “VBS Sunday outside on the trailer was a wonderful success! We were blessed by the kids as they shared with us in song and dance! They ended the service with a proclamation that we all need to be reminded of, ‘TRUST JESUS’!” 

 
Vacation Bible School kids Sunday morning outside on the trailer.

There was lots of loud thunder Thursday morning but just a little rain at my house, .05. Friday morning I woke up to rain and it turned into an all morning rain with my rain gauge showing .60 when all was said and done! Some of this thunder we have been having has been so loud that it shakes my house and of course makes the dog bark! 

Greg and Jackie Nelson had some bad luck last week as their garage and mobile home in Bismarck sustained major damage in a fire that had started in their garage. 
They lost their garage and half of their home is burned with smoke damage throughout the entire home. They were in the house when the fire started. Luckily they were able to get out alive and unharmed. Greg is also battling Lymphoma cancer and undergoing his 7th round of chemo this week! Greg is my nephew and the son of Lorraine Nelson of Douglas. 

Staci, John and Johnny came out Sunday to help me clean out one of the upstairs bedrooms. Most of the treasures up there belonged to Staci! I found a few toys to advertise for sale on Facebook. We still have another bedroom to go thru and also the attic. I can’t believe how much stuff a person can accumulate over the years! 

My new home should be here on the 24th of this month if there aren’t any delays and windy days! I’m getting kind of excited but I have lots of work to get done before I can actually move in...moving propane tanks, getting new garage finished and hooked up to electricity, getting inside of double-wide painted and then of course, moving all of my “stuff”! 

I need news from my readers or there probably won’t be a Ryder News column any more! I’m sure a lot of you are getting tired of reading about the things I am doing, so send me some news and maybe a few pictures! 



Upcoming Events: 

Ryder’s Calvary church will continue to hold Parking Lot Drive-In Church services at 10:30 every Sunday morning until further notice. Tune to 107.5 on your FM radio station to listen to the service.  

Aug.23--9 a.m.  Worship service at Hope Lutheran Church of Makoti. 

Aug.23--10:30 a.m. Worship service at Immanuel Lutheran Church of Roseglen with communion.