Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Ryder News Apr 23, 2020

Ryder News for April 23, 2020 

Since everyone has been staying home due to Social Distancing and Shelter in Place, there is very little news. Why don’t you let me know what you have been doing to keep from going crazy. I’m sure my readers would like ideas to keep them from going insane! 

By the way the wood ticks are out. I found one on me last night after holding my cat on my lap for a few minutes. He jumped down and then I found one crawling on my arm. Yuck. Needless to say, I put tick medicine on him immediately.  

We’ve been having hurricane force winds in Ryder and around the area. I guess these windy days have been setting us up for some 70 degree weather this week. Yay, it will finally feel like summer, at least until the next cold front comes through! 

Daniel Starks of Ryder has been streaming music concerts on Facebook Live from his home. He and his dad, Jonathan, sing a lot of popular tunes, country, as well as gospel and rock and roll. I never know when he is going to put on one of these performances but someone usually lets me know and then I go to Daniel Starks Music on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/danielstarksmusic) and that’s where I find it! 

Ryder’s Calvary church will continue to hold Parking Lot Drive-In Church services at 10:30 every Sunday morning until further notice.  Tune to 107.5 on your FM radio station to listen to the service. Pastor Starks said, It's sure been neat to see people coming out for this unique way of worship. Maybe it's the ‘come as you are’ ease that helps.” 

The Community Food Pantry will be open by appointment only. It will be picked, packed and picked up outside the gym by the client. Contact Kathy for information at 701-578-5876. 
If errands need to be done, or you need something from Minot or Garrison, The Community Food Pantry will help with that, to keep you safe. Contact Kathy at 701-578-5876 
The walking gym is closed until this pandemic is passed. 
All Prairie Rose Lutheran Church building gatherings are canceled until further notice due to Covid-19 Social Distancing. Please stay in contact with your church family via phone, video chat, facebook, etc.