Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Ryder News Nov 28, 2019

Ryder News for Nov. 28, 2019  

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that my text messages and emails will overflow with your Thanksgiving news!! 

Well, we had a few answers to last week’s Mystery Photo. Marlys Rodahl and Sonja Kline both knew that it was Stan Hjelmstad. His real first name is Duane and he was called Dewey while in Ryder High and around town.  His parents were Olaf and Augusta Hofstad Hjelmstad. He graduated from Ryder High in 1948 and then entered the US Navy for 4 years.  
I’m sure there would have been more answers but many of my readers get their paper later as they live out of state. I’ll probably hear from them next week! 

 
The Leifson family
The three people in the above picture used to live on a farm north of Ryder and their parents were Norman (Bob) and Ella Guttormson Leifson. They are Lois (Kremer), Gary and Kathy (Escarcega). They had a brother, LeRoy and a sister, Beverly.  Gary lives in Washington while Lois and Kathy live in California. Many readers will remember them from school at Ryder. It is always fun to reconnect with such people through Facebook and we are so glad they let this be shared. Faye Karna shared this with me for my news column. 

Since my news had to go in early this week, this is all the news that I have. Please send your news to me via text message at 701-720-4297 or email sbradley@restel.com. 

Upcoming Events: 

Dec. 1--9:15 a.m. Sunday School at Calvary Church in Ryder for preschool through adult. 
Dec. 1--10:30 a.m. Calvary Church Worship Service in Ryder. 
Dec. 1--9 a.m. Worship service at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Ryder. 
Dec. 1--10:30 a.m. Worship service at Hope Lutheran Church in Makoti