Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Ryder News Nov 14, 2019

Ryder News for Nov. 14, 2019 

Shelsey Brandvold’s first deer.

Shelsey Brandvold had a good day hunting with her dad Lee. Weight 142#  4X5  first deer was a success!  Now she goes back to bow hunting. 

From what I have been hearing, it seems like quite a few in the area have gotten their deer altho no one has sent me any pictures or info about them. Come on all you hunters, get some pictures and info to me so I can make you famous in my news column! 

St. John’s Lutheran Church put on a delicious Pre-Thanksgiving meal on Sunday. The men did the fixin’ and it was really great seeing all of the guys in the kitchen, dishing up the food and washing the dishes! The meal consisted of roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, stuffing, coleslaw and dessert. There weren't as many in attendance as there could have been. I guess several of the families were out deer hunting. But the ones that missed it sure did miss out on a great “free” meal. 

I guess winter has made an early appearance in our area and since we didn’t really have a summer or fall, it is going to  be a long while until we can all warm up again and turn the furnaces off! 

Well, that looks like all the news that I have for this time. They say, “No news is good news” but not in this case. If I don’t have more news items, all I will be putting in this column will be the Upcoming Events!! So send me some news! 

Upcoming Events: 

Nov. 16--1 p.m.-3 p.m. Family Day and Turkey Drawing (3 p.m.) at the Ryder Community Center (old school gym). 
Nov. 16--10 a.m.-3 p.m. Mini Bazaar at the Ryder Senior Citizens. Lunch will be served. 
Nov. 17--9 a.m. Worship Service at Immanuel Lutheran Church of Roseglen. 
Nov. 17--10:30 Worship Service at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church of Makoti with communion. 
Nov.17--9:15 a.m. Sunday School at Calvary Church in Ryder for preschool through adult. 
Nov. 17--10:30 a.m. Calvary Church Worship Service in Ryder.