Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Ryder News Sep 5, 2019

Ryder News for Sept. 5, 2019 



Well, the old saying is “No News is Good News” but not in this case! I don’t have any news for this week except for what I’ve been doing.  

A few storms have been rolling through the area and my rain gauge showed .20 for Labor Day morning and in the afternoon, the old rain gauge showed another inch. All total we got 1.20 of rain plus a whole lot of wind (200 mph at least, or at least it felt like it) and some pea size hail.  It sounded like Minot is getting more rain than we are but nevertheless, it is enough to stop combining for the day. 

I went to Minot on Thursday for a Dr. appointment and also buy a few groceries then on Friday I went along with Muriel Peterson to Garrison so she could run some errands. I also talked my brother and nephew into taking me into Minot with them on Saturday so I could purchase a water heater since mine had sprung a leak along the top. It seems that I’m never home and all I do is spend money. Now I have to spend more money to get the darn thing installed! 
Well, that’s it...all the news such as it is for this week. 


Upcoming Events:

Sept. 6--7 p.m. Bingo at the Ryder Community Center. 
Sept. 7--2 p.m. Bridal Shower for Shea Larson at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Ryder. 
Sept. 8--9:15 a.m. Sunday School at Calvary Church in Ryder for preschool through adult. 
Sept. 8--10:30 a.m. Calvary Church Worship Service in Ryder. 
Sept. 8--9 a.m. Church Worship Service at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Makoti. 
Sept. 8--10:30 a.m. Church Worship Service with Communion at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Ryder. 
Sept. 16--7 p.m. Bridal Shower for Sarah Gessner at St. John’s Lutheran Church. 
Sept. 28--10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ryder Community Food Pantry open.