Sue Bradley wrote The Ryder News (a.k.a. "Sue's News") until 2021.
The Ryder News is now written by Kathy Kallestad and is published by the McLean County Independent out of Garrison, ND.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Ryder News Dec 28, 2017



Ryder News for Dec. 28, 2017

Wayne and Carol Jean Hansen family L-R: Annette Rockeman, Jon Hansen, Ardyce Huber and Jay Hansen
 
Wayne Hansen 90th birthday

Wayne Hansen celebrated his 90th birthday one day early on Sunday, Dec. 17.   There was a family party at the Bistro in Edgewood Vista where Wayne and Carol Jean reside. Nieces, nephews, cousins, kids and grandkids from the area and as far away as Fertile, Minnesota helped Wayne celebrate. Wayne was born on the family farm in Blue Hill Township and lived on that farm until he and Carol Jean moved to Edgewood Vista a few years ago. It was a busy weekend for Wayne & Carol Jean as they had an early family Christmas on Saturday. Most of their kids, grandkids and great-grandkids were able to be a part of that as well.

Kenny, Staci and Johnny came out to spend Christmas Eve with me. We were all going to go to church but Kenny’s feet hurt so bad that he didn’t think he could even walk into the church. Johnny has a terrible cold and coughs all the time and me with my head injury, we just didn’t feel we could go.
I spent Christmas day with Rick, Shawna and family and that was fun. Levi is such a little character.

Speaking of head injuries, the heel of my snowboot caught on the top step of our 4 steps outside. I was carrying a big box full of gifts at the time. So down I went. Hit the back of my head on the cement, blood all over me, cement and the gifts. Got gifts picked up and went into the house to see where all the blood was coming from. I had quite a gash on the back of my head which required 3 staples at the emergency room. I am just thankful that I didn't break any bones.

Upcoming Events:

Dec. 31: Services at Calvary Church of Ryder at 10:30 a.m. No Sunday school. Sunday school resumes on Jan. 7 at 9:30.

Dec. 31: Services at Hope Lutheran Church of Makoti at 9 a.m.

Dec. 31: Services at Immanuel Lutheran Church of Roseglen at 10:30 a.m. with communion.

Jan. 5: Bingo in at Ryder’s Community Center/Gym starting at 7 p.m.

Jan. 8: Senior Citizens in Ryder starting at noon. All area seniors are welcome!

Send me your Christmas news so we can share it with the rest of our readers.

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?